away for the weekend: away for the weekend

Monday, March 12, 2012

away for the weekend



We finally did it! After months of contemplation and weeks of searching, we have crossed the t's, dotted the i's (signed our lives away - again) and bought our Vermont getaway.

Although I originally envisioned buying a cabin in need of much TLC - for Greg, this one was love at first sight.

I won't be discarding all the great inspiration I  found on Pinterest and the many great blogs (many of which are listed in my "fun reads" links). I'll be needing these to add some character and turn this into our home Away.

So - our friends ask us - why a Vermont getaway? For us, that is an easy question to answer.
Only a short drive from home, Away is worlds from the hustle and bustle of Boston - ahhhh Heaven - and
I love, love, love the mountains. I love the clean smell of mountain air. I love their quiet stillness. I love that everything is slower in the mountains.


There are so many outdoorsy activities as well as festivals, shops, studios, and restaurants to explore!
Oh yeah, and don’t tell Greg, but I even like the fact that we get lousy internet reception. Scrabble and popcorn, anyone?
Soon I'll share the indoor tour of Away - but for now...


Thanks for dropping in!




2 comments:

  1. It has been less than 24 hours since we've been Away. Is it Friday yet? Yes it was love at first sight. Somehow I'm thinking that the decorative ideas you have or the "that should be easy" projects in the back of your mind will be somewhat more possible in a place that doesn't need too much TLC! I can't wait to see what's in store for us next weekend. I'm honored to be the first to comment on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks for the comment. I've got lots of projects in the thought process ;-)and I can't wait to head up to Away again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!