away for the weekend: bathroom redo update

Saturday, April 14, 2012

bathroom redo update

I’m heading to San Diego tomorrow for a work convention – so this will be another weekend at home (well sort of). It’s all good, though, because one of my very bestest childhood friends from Kansas - who I haven’t seen for over 30 years - is in Boston and we're planning to get together for dinner tonight. I’m really, really, really excited about this – got to love facebook!

Anyway – just so you don’t think that I’m slacking on the whole bathroom thing, here is where I’m at.
Apparently painting laminate requires a super duper primer that needs a full week to “cure” before painting over (Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3) Sooooo – not wanting to lose that much time, I primed the cabinet before leaving Vermont and brought the vanity drawers and door home. And, here they are




- well cured and ready for a coat of paint.
Now, if I could just decide what color that should be. After much deliberation and viewing thousands upon thousands of pictures (thank you Pinterest and Houzz), I decided to switch out the wooden accessories for oil rubbed bronze. The walls are creamy colored, so I’m thinking of either matching the walls or trying a soft tan.



Decisions, decisions.

Oh, and speaking of decisions – I’ve been agonizing over choosing a new light fixture. Did you know that there are thousands – and I mean thousands – of light fixtures to choose from? Seriously? I really think that I have a love-hate relationship with the internet. Life was much easier when the only choice was whatever happened to be available at stores within driving distance.

Sooooo – after getting completely sucked into the whole web-surfing thing, with my head swimming from way to many choices and staying up much too late one night, I woke up bleary-eyed and thought – “This is a bathroom light fixture!!! Just go to Lowe’s and buy an inexpensive one and be happy with it!!”

So that’s what I’m going to do. And I’m going to LOVE it, because here’s the thing - it’s a bathroom light fixture!!! Sheesh!

So, that’s where I’m at with the whole bathroom thing – except for my picture frame disaster.




I don’t want to talk about it.
But don’t you just love the old Lion King sheets? I love that the little cub is smiling up at me even as the frames are lying there daring me to try something else. But hey, I am not stressing about this. I have a paint store nearby and they're more than happy to sell me all the paint and stain and sandpaper that I need to get it right! All is well.


Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!