away for the weekend: newfane flea market and sunday ride

Thursday, May 31, 2012

newfane flea market and sunday ride


Last Sunday was the perfect day for a visit to the Newfane Flea Market.




Those of you who know me, probably think this is a strange outing for me. I admit, I don’t think I’ve ever been to a flea market before. My natural tendency is to get rid of things. But then, I’ve been seeing so many great flea market redo's lately.
So, I guess I’m a flea market novice.

And - on the way to the flea market...



The gentleman driving this vehicle was kind enough to wave us by – but we were in no hurry. Besides, how could we take a picture if we just sped on by?

Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love Vermont?


Anyway – as a flea market novice, I really didn’t know what to expect. But this was pretty much as I imagined. We poked around for an hour or two. I really don’t know how to negotiate – are you supposed to negotiate at flea markets? I saw lots of interesting things – I guess I was a little too engrossed in the whole experience to remember to take pictures.

So – what did I buy?


Okay – don’t laugh – as I’ve mentioned, I really don’t know what I’m doing
Anyway…..
I’ve seen lots of painted glass on Pinterest lately.

Like this from Martha Stewart

 
Martha Stewart Crafts


And this

wipkits.blogspot


And I’m thinking this looks like a whole lot of fun. Sooooo, any normal person might have bottles tucked in the back of a cupboard somewhere – and I’m sure I did, too, at some point – but, well, I guess I got rid of them.

I’m not sure what color I’ll paint them, or where I’m going to put them. For now, they’re sitting on my kitchen window sill.

So – the whole flea market experience?
Yep, I’ll go back again.

I am joining Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

Thanks for dropping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!