away for the weekend: tag - i'm "it"

Sunday, February 24, 2013

tag - i'm "it"


I've been tagged by Nancy @ The Gift of a Moment
Normally, I'm the first person to break a chain,
but this seemed like fun - so I'm game.
Here goes -

1.  Where where you born? 
Des Moines, Iowa. The heart of a Midwesterner beats in this transplant to New England.

2.  Were you  named after someone? 
Yes. My middle name, Louise, is after my mom's sister, Betty Louise - and she was named after her mom's sister, Edna Louise

3.  If you have children, how many?
We have two grown daughters - extremely lovely, sweet and caring individuals (if I do say so myself).
They're both early childhood teachers, which I'm very proud of, although I don't know where they get the patience.


4.  How many pets do I have? 
I wish! - sigh.


We had a sweet black lab while the girls were growing up. Right now, Greg and I both have horrendous work schedules which wouldn't be fair to a dog.
someday...

5.  What was my worst injury? 
Wow, I really don't want to jinx myself, here. The only injury I can think of is a sprained ankle I got a few years back while playing soccer. Klutzy old ladies probably shouldn't be playing soccer...

6.  Do I have any special talents?
Nope, and I'm not being modest. I'm pretty good at a few things - but that comes from practice, not talent. I do have a talent for appreciating talent in others (does that count?)

7.  What is your favorite thing to bake? 
Bake? And I always thought cupcakes came from the cupcake truck.


8.  What is your favorite fast food?
Ick
Well okay, I sometimes have a quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a chocolate shake.

9.  Would I bungee jump? 
Not a chance. I have issues with heights - and falling from heights.

10.  What is the first thing you notice about people? 
Their smile and eyes. I totally judge people by their smile.

11.  When was the last time I cried?
Every time I think about Victoria Soto, the teacher in Newtown who hid her students in the closet - okay, right now. The world is a better place because she walked it for a short time.

12.  Any current worries? 
I'm not much of a worrier - sometimes that worries me.

13.  Name three drinks you drink regularly
Coffee, water, herbal tea



14.  What is your favorite book?  
I love to read, and enjoy most of them but would probably give about 90% of books 3 stars.
 5 star books? - Kite Runner, Gone with the Wind, A Tree grows in Brooklyn - but that's just my opinion.

15.  Would you like to be a pirate?
Nope - that sounds dangerous - and mean. Stealing is mean.

16.  What are your favorite smells?
Lilly of the valley - favorite by far.

17.  Why do I blog?
I ask myself this question - often. 
As I approach my one-year bloggiversary, I realize my reasons have morphed. I think the short answer is that I love following your blogs. I enjoy seeing and hearing about the things that are going on in your world, and I've learned so much along the way -
 thanks!
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? 
 Oh boy, I haven't given this one any thought. Are funerals mandatory?

19.  What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I'm an introvert who values "me" time - which I'm okay with. But I'm also pretty busy and don't keep in touch with people as well as I would like.

20.  What is your favorite hobby?
Right now - probably photography and crochet. Ask me tomorrow, and my answer might be different.

Crazy about grannies

21.  What do you look for in a friend?

I think the traits that my friends tend to have in common are that they're all genuine, unpretentious, and caring. A good sense of humor doesn't hurt, either.



22.  Name Something you have done that you never thought you would do.
I rode my bicycle over the George Washington Bridge - not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.



23.  What are your favorite things to do?
Spending time with my family and friends. We're busy people scattered across the country, so it doesn't happen nearly enough - but those are the times I look forward to and the times I also remember.

24. Any Pet Peeves?
Too many to list - but they mostly center around a lack of consideration for others.

25.  What is the last thing that made you laugh?
This questionnaire. I laugh pretty easily.


Lacey at 14 - C'mon guys, I'm waiting...

So now I am supposed to tag others.
Please keep in mind that I will not be hurt or offended in any way if you don't want to play along.
It's just for fun, but if this isn't your thing, believe me, I get it.

Tag -

Beth @ ..."E." Lizardbreath Speaks
Davis @ Leave it to Davis
Debbie @ It's all about Purple

23 comments:

  1. awww. love your old lab. :(

    not a worrier? wow! i'm not sure i've ever met someone who doesn't worry much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that cupcake truck parked?

    Good to learn a little about you, Karen. Thanks for dropping by.

    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it when you said, "bake...I thought cupcakes came from a truck""....nice to meet you a little more!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think having a talent for appreciating talent in others is a talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Karen, this is the best response to a tag meme I've seen. Ever.

    That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was wonderful for me as i am new to your blog. i enjoyed getting to know you a little better. seems to me you have many talents, least of all your beautiful blog.

    thanks for taging me, i am going to "try" to do this, as it's seems so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tee hee hee...I got tagged. I'm blushing. Loved reading your answers! Of course, I love coming here to your blog and pestering you. :) I would love to play along! Thanks for thinking of me. Going to answer right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading your responses and your blog is very fun. I'm an introvert as well, and crave alone time -- probably more than I should. Your daughters look sweet, and eveidently caring given their chosen profession.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your responses and getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing wrong with being a Midwesterner! I am a worrier, my Mom is a worrier. Mom often tells me she doesn't worry enough. Then I give her a funny look ... lol! Sometimes I go to bed with a smile of my face just because I am so happy I get to have coffee in the morning! I drink lots of water too.

    I have not read Gone with the Wind, but did enjoy Kite Runner and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

    I love your answer for "Why do you blog." Sometimes I think I put more effort into reading and commenting than I do MY blog posts.

    I, too, am an introvert who values "me" time. Sometimes, I just need to be alone to clear my head. I read while I walk on the treadmill and that helps reset my mind. I love getting lost in the characters of a good novel and walking off my anxiety and worry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's too funny. i have not played "tag" in years. love your answer. cupcakes are yummy - whether from a truck or where ever. i will get to the answers soon. now who will i tag? that's the tough part?!!!? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Karen I LOVED learning more about you. I have to say we have a lot in common and would get along smashingly:) Take care Have a great day. B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your answers. Since I am new to your blog it was a great way to get to know you better. I love your comment that you appreciate talent in others and that is your talent. I am sure that you have many as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The named after is interesting… truly your daughters made an honorable profile.

    My advance congrats on the upcoming blog anniversary! Lol @ last answer :)

    I like your charming picture :) All the best to you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting questions! I enjoyed getting to know more about you. Sounds like you and your husband have pretty crazy jobs. I hope they settle down soon so you can get a pet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun learning a little more about you Karen! I love my alone time too! You have 2 lovely daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen, nice getting to know you better even though the tagging is not my thing. Your talents are many and you are modest and very unassuming which are great qualities. You also have lovely daughters who apparently inherited your beauty as well and what rewarding careers they have chosen. I enjoyed your comment about blogging and only wish there were more hours in a day to post and read all the blogs of others. I also enjoy people, but values time alone and am never bored with my own company.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this post! I've only just found you and I learned a little bit about you :) I never thought I would find anyone else who loves the smell of Lily of the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was fun and a great way to get to know you a little better. I hope life isn't always as busy, "me" time is important, but then that's in part what blogging is too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please don't tag me...even though these are fun, I am finding that Five Facts Friday just whenever you want to is a better idea. There are too many questions on these. However, having said that, I enjoyed your answers, and feel like I got to know you! I think your daughters ROCK, and I love your wonderful crochet potholders! I shared with you a love for two of your 5 star books...haven't read the third. Guess I should! :-) Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a lot of information, but very interesting... that made me tear up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun information to learn about you! It seems I am in the process of answering these same questions. Need to learn from you to be more concise! Great post

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!