away for the weekend: photo challenge week #8 - sooc

Sunday, January 1, 2017

photo challenge week #8 - sooc

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!
I actually thought I would spend this past week taking lots of photos
and posting lots of posts...
Ummm - not so much
Christmas was wonderful
and Greg and I have been enjoying some "away" time
it's all good

so - on to this week's photo challenge
ugh
Truth be told, every prompt should probably be sooc - (straight out of camera)
I considered postponing another week
 - but, well - I kind of want to be done with this one.


This little waterfall and mill sits hidden, behind a community theater
in Weston, Vermont.
It's truly beautiful to look at
and yet - when I looked at my photos, I kind of thought - "meh"
it happens - I like it when my photos to speak to me - this one doesn't
- for sooc purposes, though, it works pretty darned well
- anyway -
I shot in both RAW and JPEG - above is the untouched JPEG version


and here is the RAW version with a few Lightroom tweeks
so, next week - moving on to "beverages"
seriously? 

Happy New Year! 


Canon EOS Rebel T3i
EF24-105mm F/4L IS USM
47mm 1/50 sec at f/9.0

16 comments:

  1. Thanks to digital photography editing does not stop with sooc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never shot in RAW. My computer is old and its hard drive nearly full, and that's just with jpegs. I'm not always satisfied with the technical quality of my images and wonder if shooting RAW would help. I do notice a difference in the sharpness of these two photos and wonder if it was because you started with RAW or if that was something you adjusted in the edited version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...an old red mill...what a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you worry too much - don't take the fun out of it!! your images are always amazing to me, for me, it's angles and subjects. i don't edit my pictures - i have never "played" with that. i also don't fuss with the camera, i use mine like a pint and shoot!!

    i like both of theses - i barely see a difference!! happy 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the perspective you used here, Karen, and I love the photograph too.
    That water mill is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to say Karen, that in general, the JPEG will look "better" than the RAW, when SOOC. This is due to the fact that your camera automatically applies some "goodies" to the JPEG version (look at the red color for comparison, in both versions of your photo). So why might RAW be a choice over JPEG for some? In the simplest terms, it gives you more leverage in post-processing (editing).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Karen!
    Sweet sooc shot of the mill & waterfall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Karen,
    Nice pictures of this water mill.

    I wish you all the luck and health for 2017!!

    Kind regards,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job....We have a similar mill and waterfall near our house in the mountains but it's not in as good a shape as this one.....Happy New Year. I hope it's filled with all that brings you joy....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did fabulous. SOOC is scary! I didn't photograph near as much as I wanted to the last couple of weeks either. TWO too many people around TOO much! Hopefully this week will be better. Happy, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Karen, and will be looking forward to all your photo challenges for 2017. The only photos I shot during the holidays were of our new granddaughter and all those were SOOC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely shot of the mill, which reminds me that I took a photo at a local mill over the summer that I forgot about! Thanks for sharing, and all the BEST for 2017! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course, I always love the VT photos. Weston is such a pretty town. Happy 2017 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both doesn’t bear great differences even though second one is little brighter.
    I always prefer such mild edit on my photos, that doesn’t affect the raw element.

    Love the scene!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you -
Your comments make me smile!